Embedded water is the amount of water needed to make things. Its frightening how much water is needed to make some products and is something we all take for granted.
- 10 litres of water to make 1 piece of paper
- 70 litres of water to grow an apple
- 140 litres of water to produce a cup of coffee
- 440 litres of water to make a loaf of bread
- 3875 litres of water to produce 1 beef steak
- 10850 Litres of water to make 1 pair of jeans
Water is finite (there is only so much of it) and clearly this is an unsustainable way of using a very precious resource. Read on to find out more and think about your water consumption. Before you order another steak just think it took over 25 baths full of water to produce!